If you have invested into an in-house billing department and are considering using a consultant to evaluate and assess if you are optimal, contact SMB! We offer services in a variety of areas that may be impacting your business.
- Credentialing and Contracting
- We evaluate your current setup for credentialing and if you are getting rejections because of unresolved credentialing issues. Contracted prices are also evaluated to see if you are priced comparably or if there is any opportunity to adjust your contract fees.
- Coding CPT and ICD-10
- Past charges are evaluated along with medical notes to ensure you are meeting guidelines established by the larger insurance companies. You will be given a comprehensive report on your performance to establish whether you are billing within industry norms and show where you can improve. This report is key in ensuring proper billing.
- Assess usage of your practice management software
- Proper scheduling processes along with insurance verification and eligibility
- Internal Tasking utilization for communicating and resolving outstanding issues
- Proper coding used for reporting that pertain to types of payments, adjustments, insurances, financial class
- Systems auto-functionality used for collections, denials, payment plans
- Billable modules for charges, claim submission, response files, clearinghouse
- Payables utilizing ERA imports, manual processes, mail-in’s Call-in’s, patient portal payments
- Balance end month with daily batch detail, daily ledgers, credit card reporting, bank statement
- Reports that will provide transaction detail, charges billed, types of visits, aged accounts, trends using accumulative CPT and Insurance data all with visualized charts
- HIPAA Compliance
- So important to keep your practice from violating HIPAA Compliance mandates, we can guide you on proper handling of personal data